UniSMART-Fondazione Università degli Studi di Padova (“UniSMART”), having its registered office in Padova, via VIII Febbraio n. 2 and the place of business in Padova, via Venezia, n. 15 (tax code and VAT n. 04983000284) is the Data Controller of the personal data which you will provide by using this website PRELUDE-PROJECT.EU (the “Website”). In this Policy we will also refer to you as the “Data subject”, that is the person to whom the personal data relate.
The Data Controller has designated a data protection officer (DPO), which you may contact at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which personal data do we collect?
Through the Website, we collect the following data:
– Browsing data: the computer systems and software procedures used to operate the Website collect some personal data, whose transmission is an integral part of Internet communication protocols. We cannot directly identify you through such data, but this could still be possible in the event that they are elaborated and associated with other set of data provided elsewhere. We collect in particular information about:
- your IP address;
- the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) of the requested sources;
- the time and date in which you use the Website;
- the operating system, the browser used, the screen resolution and other information relating to the device environment.
– Data provided on a voluntarily basis (e.g. name, e-mail address): UniSMART will process these data, in accordance with the applicable law, to achieve the purposes specified in each form and/or in this Policy. The indication of certain data is compulsory in order to ensure the correct performance of the services through the Website. We presume that the data you communicate refer to you or to third parties who have authorised you to provide them. In this case, you assume all relevant obligations and responsibilities
How do you process my data? On which legal basis?
In all the cases in which UniSMART processes your data, it is allowed to do so pursuant to a specific legal basis which legitimate the processing.
Sometimes we need your consent to process your personal data.
Other times, when the applicable law allows it and having respect to your rights, UniSMART may process your data without asking your consent. We are allowed to do so when we process your data to comply with a legal obligation or to reply to a request that you made by contacting UniSMART or requiring services through the Website.
At the end of the data retention period, the collected personal data will be irreversibly anonymised or deleted.
subject to processing
|Data provided through the Take Part/feedback form:
||1) to respond to your requests;
2) to offer you technical support
|6.1.b – Contract or steps prior to entering into a contract
For the duration necessary to respond to your requests
|Data collected through the newsletter form:
||1) if you fill in the newsletter form, by that expressing your consent, we will send you newsletter and communications about the development of the project and other related projects
||6.1.a – Consent
Until withdrawal of consent and for a maximum period of 5 years
|Data collected through cookies:
||1) as regards technical and anonymized analytics cookies, to trace your activities on the Website, in order to improve our services
||6.1.b – Contract or steps prior to entering into a contract
Until the end of each browsing session or for the retention period indicated for each specific cookie (6.1.b – Contract or steps prior to entering into a contract
Will my data be shared with other subjects?
We may share your e-mail address with the provider of the newsletter service. Your personal data may be disclosed, in close relation to the purposes specified above, only to:
– subjects authorised by UniSMART to process personal data, that are committed to, or under, an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality;
– subjects in charge of the maintenance of the Website and to our legal or tax consultants, who will act as data processors or data controllers.
How can I delete my personal data?
Which rights do I have as Data Subject?
You will always keep control on your personal data.
More specifically, you have the right:
– to request information about the personal data processed by UniSMART and to receive in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format the personal data concerning you;
– not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, unless you have provided your explicit consent;
– to ask the Data Controller the rectification or the erasure of your personal data or the restriction of their use only for certain purposes;
– to change your idea and ask us to stop processing your data, for example by deleting your account.
Requests to exercise your rights must be sent to the DPO: email@example.com.
In some limited cases we may not be able to comply with your requests, as long as it is forbidden by law provisions or by the act of a public authority.
In any case, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (Data protection Authority) if you believe that the processing of your personal data is against the applicable law.
Where do you store my data?
We store your data in servers located inside the European Union.
Your e-mail address is processed through a platform which may transfer it to countries outside the European Union.
However, these service providers, as external data processors, declare that the third countries guarantee an adequate level of protection of data subjects rights by virtue of compliance with one or more of the conditions set out in Articles 45-47 of the GDPR. If personal data are stored on servers of US service providers, it is acknowledged that the US government authorities may have access to these data, provided that the conditions required by law are met.
What should I know about cookies?
Cookies and similar technologies are information sent or read by websites and apps on your devices during their first visit, which are then transmitted back to those websites and apps during the next visit.
– make the Website remembering your actions and preferences so that you do not need to specify them again on the next visit;
– understand how you use the Website and its services, in order to improve them;
– show you targeted advertisement.
On the other hand, your prior consent is required for non-anonymised “analytics” and “profiling” cookies, which are those used to elaborate statistical analysis on the use of the Website or to profile the user in order to show targeted advertising.
Our Website uses only technical and anonymized analytics cookies, with the exclusion of any kind of profiling cookies.
How long do cookies last?
There are different types of cookies which, accordingly to their characteristics and functions, are stored on your device for different periods of time: there are session cookies, which are automatically deleted when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain on your device until a pre-established date.
How can I modify the settings regarding cookies?
You may set your browser in order to authorize, block or delete (in whole or in part) cookies, by consulting the relative instructions, for example:
– Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
– Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Website%3DDesktop&hl=en
– Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
– Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
If you disable necessary cookies, certain services or features of the Website may not function properly.